Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the newest land to open in Disney World, having made its debut in August 2019, in Disney World’s Hollywood Studios theme park.
Crossing over into this land, you’ll land on Batuu, a remote planet on the edge of the galaxy’s Outer Rim Territories and arrive at Black Spire Outpost.
While this used to be a bustling outpost prior to hyperspace technology, it is now a melting pot of smugglers, rogues, renegades and The Resistance.
Here’s what you will NOT find on Batuu:
Cast Members – Only Batuu locals and travelers will be spotted here. You can ask them any questions you have, including directions (which you’ll probably need given that there isn’t any signage on the buildings to tell you where you are). Be prepared to understand the local “dialect.”
Restrooms – They have them, but you’ll need to ask for the “Refreshers” to get directions.
Blasters – Disney World’s no-gun policy extends to the edge of the galaxy.
Disney Merch – Not even Star Wars merchandise can be found here. All items for purchase are unique to planet Batuu and you should factor in quite a hefty import tax to your travel budget.
Who You’ll See
- Be on the look out for Star Wars characters strolling amid the throngs at this outpost on the edge of the Galaxy. You’ll find Jedis covertly recruiting, Storm Troopers casually harassing tourists, and Black Spire citizens selling their wares, making repairs to cruisers and conducting daily business.
- Characters don’t have traditional meet-and-greets in Galaxy’s Edge, so be ready at all times to snap a photo of your favorite milling about. You may find Chewbacca working on ships in the Resistance Area or Rey walking around the Market, or even Kylo Ren interacting with the TIE Echelon.
What You’ll Do
- Explore the alien landscape of the planet Batuu in a land chronologically positioned between the films The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.
- Shop for trinkets in an enclave of alien vendors or spend a few more Galactic Credits to assemble your own droid.
Customize your own Lightsaber at Savi’s Workship. Part of a clandestine society devoted to restoring galactic balance, the workshop Master can help you customize your very own lightsaber, while sharing a little Jedi Lore. You need a reservation for this paid experience.
Treats You’ll Eat
- Outpost Mix (sweet and salty popcorn snack with a hint of spice) at Kat Saka’s Kettle.
- Farm-fresh Blue Milk from the Milk Stand.
- Exotic cocktails and snack mix at Oga’s Cantina.
- Inventively delicious lunch and dinner options from counter service option Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo and grilled meat at Ronto Roasters.