Online check in is available in advance of your check in date. It’s not required but it can save time. You’ll receive an alert by text or email when your room is ready.
Check-in at Walt Disney World Resort hotels is typically 3:00 p.m. for most resorts, and 4:00 p.m. for rooms at Deluxe Villa resorts. Early check in can be requested when you arrive and they will usually accommodate any requests, if they are able.
If you arrive early and are not able to enter your room, check your bags with Bell Services and head to the parks for the day. All you need is your MagicBand!
A recent feature is the Mobile Room Ready Notification Service, which will send an alert when your room is ready, to the mobile phone number or email address you entered when you checked in. The text or email will provide the room number, floor, and building. You can use your MagicBands to enter the room.
How It Works
1. Sign into your My Disney Experience account
2. Click Start Check In
3. Add a mobile phone number and/or email for Disney to send you messages about your vacation. Doing this enables Disney to send you a message when your room is available.
4. If you haven’t already, you’ll enter the following (and can edit them anytime up until your arrival):
Credit card for your hotel balance and incidental charges (as applicable)
PIN number if you’d like to link your credit card to your MagicBand and use that for all charges while within Disney World.
Resort arrival information (confirms a Magical Express reservation)
Room location requests (nothing guaranteed)
MagicBand order status
5. Read and agree to the terms and conditions
6. Upon arrival go to the Online Check-In Service at the Front Desk. You must provide a valid form of photo identification. (Driver’s license, government-issued passport, government-issued photo ID or active military ID).
7. If you used the luggage service, your bags will arrive in your room (within 4 hours of your airport arrival). You may call Bell Services from your hotel phone to request delivery of any bags you checked earlier, or to bring any grocery or other deliveries to your room.