Future World highlights innovation across technology, science, and the global ecosystem we inhabit, with imaginative hands-on displays, exhibits, and attractions that are (usually) as thrilling as they are enlightening.
Who You’ll See
- Mickey & Pals
- Nemo & Friends
- Joy and Sadness from Disney Pixar’s Inside Out
- Baymax from Big Hero 6
What You’ll Do
- Take a ride in a time machine and watch an animated video of your future based on questions you answer during the ride in Spaceship Earth.
- Design a car of the future at a digital design kiosk and take it for a high-speed spin on Test Track, to see how your design rates against others in capability, efficiency, responsiveness and power (not to mention coolness).
- Board a 4D hang glider on Soarin’ Around the World and fly over 6 continents with heavenly views of natural wonders such as the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the African Savannah and the Egyptian pyramids.
- Blast off on Mission Space, and experience G-force on a Mission to Mars.
- Ride Living with the Land and get a backstage peek at the “living laboratories” and greenhouses where Disney horticulturists are continually innovating to increase crop yields and expand the global food supply. See the experimental tomato tree that holds the 2016 Guinness World Record for most tomatoes harvested from one tree in a year — it produced 32,000 tomatoes or 1,000 pounds worth of produce in one year! Fun fact: fresh produce grown here supplies some of Disney’s restaurants with organic goodness.
- Tour the Seas with Nemo and Friends and ride in a giant “clamobile” through a giant coral reef (with over 6 million gallons of water) and be amazed at the opportunity to chat with a sea turtle during the live show, Turtle Talk with Crush.
Treats You’ll Eat
- Sample sodas from around the world and experience fun, new flavor combinations popular in Brazil, Japan, Zimbabwe and more at Club Cool.
- Enjoy Asian noodle dishes, spicy fish tacos, salmon with cheesy grits, vegan entrees, and more — with produce sourced from the greenhouses at the Land Pavilion at Sunshine Seasons.